Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension
( Department of Personnel & Training )
Subject :- Revised ceiling on encashment of Earned Leave to be granted to officers appointed on contract in various posts under the Central government .
The undersigned is directed to state that consequent on the revision of the ceiling of encashment of earned from 240 days to 300 days for Central Government employees, revision in the ceiling of encashment of earned leave for officers appointed on contract in various posts under the Central Government has been considered and it has now been decided that in partial modification of the orders contained in para 2 of this Departments Office Memorandum No. 12016\3\84-Estt.(L) dated 12th April 1985 as amended vide O.M. No. 12016\1\90-Estt.(L) dated 5th July 1990, such officers appointed on contract in various posts under the Government will be entitled to leave encashment subject to the ceilings mentioned below :-
|Period of contract appointment||Maximum Earned Leave for which encashment will be allowed at the time of termination of contract|
|Upto 2 years||No encashment|
|More than 2 years upto 5 years||50 days|
|More than 5 years upto 10 years||100 days|
|More than 10 years upto 15 years||150 days|
|More than 15 years upto 20 years||200 days|
|More than 20 years upto 25 years||250days|
|More than 25 years||300 days|
2. The revised ceilings on encashment of earned leave as mentioned above will be subject to the condition that the total number of days of earned leave for which the encashment is to be allowed on termination of contract together with the number of days of Earned Leave or full pay leave for which encashment had been allowed in previous appointments if any under the Government should not exceed 300 days.
3. These Orders take effect from 1st July, 1997 and will be applicable in cases of termination of contract on or after this date. Accordingly, encashment of earned leave beyond 240 days shall be restricted to the quantum of such leave earned after 1st July 1997 onwards.
4. The grant of encashment of leave will be subject to the conditions prescribed in the Central Civil Services (Leave) Rules, 1972.
5. In so far as the application of these orders to the officials employed in the Indian Audit & Accounts Department is concerned, this issues with the concurrence of the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
6. Hindi version is enclosed.
( J. WILSON )
Deputy Ssecretary to the Govt. of India
the Ministries/Departments of the Government of India
( As per standard list)
No.12016/2/99-Estt.(L) Dated the 12th July, 1999
Copy forwarded to : The Comptroller & Auditor General of India (with 400 spare copies)
Copies also forwarded to:
1. Registrar General, Supreme Court of India.
2. Secretaries to Union Public Service Commission/Election Commission/ Lok Sabha Secretariat/ Rajya Sabha Secretariat/ Cabinet Secretariat/ Central Vigilance Commission/Presidents Secretariat/Vice Presidents Secretariat/Prime Ministers Office/Planning Commission.
3. Controller General of Accounts/Controller of Accounts, Ministry of Finance.
4. Department of Personnel & Training (AIS Division).
5. Additional Secretary (Home), Ministry of Home Affairs.
6. Joint Secretary (Union Territories), Ministry of Home Affairs.
7. Secretary, National Council (Staff Side), 13-C, Feroz Shah Road, New Delhi.
8. All Officers/Sections of the Department of Personnel & Training/Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances/Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare.
9. Joint Secretary (Per) Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure.
10. 300 Spare sets.
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India